In Arolithos, the hotel rooms are arranged in small “neighborhoods”, scattered all over the premises. Each of them has its en suite bathroom, a refrigerator, as well as a TV set and an air conditioning system. Moreover, the rooms used in the winter have a fireplace that could be used on request. The rooms provide basic equipment while being of a traditional style. Most of them have balconies or courtyards, where our guests have the opportunity to enjoy the garden view or the view over the surrounding hills.
INFORMATION ABOUT AROLITHOS VILLAGE-Hotel
- General manager: Saloustros Yiannis
- Reservations Manager: Saloustros Michalis
- Category: A Class Traditional Hotels
- Year of construction: 1987.
- First partial renovation: 11 rooms in 2001.
- Number of rooms: 34
- Opening TIME: All year round
- Distances from:
the beach 5Km
the city of Heraklion 11Km.
the airport 15Km.
the port 11Km.
NOTE: The hotel was built in the form of a Cretan village. It is not a real village with permanent residents, but a representation of one. The hotel rooms are not situated in a main building. They are arranged around the village in such a way that it reminds small neighborhood alleys. The hotel has been built on a hillside.
Parts of the village - facilities:
- Café-Bar. TV-video room
- Breakfast room
- Souvenir Shops (silverware, woven textiles, ceramics)
- Traditional arts and crafts workshops (blacksmith’s, ceramic art, weaving art).
- Traditional houses.
- Museum of Rural History and Popular Art
- Traditional Bakery
- Safe Box (at the reception desk)
- Information Desk-Reception
- Central telephone system
- Exchange of currency
- Pets allowed
- Car and motorbike rental.
- Recommended excursions and other activities.
- Free Parking facilities
- Internet Access (reception)
- Reception open 24 hours / 24 hours
- Porter service. No charge
- Internet access. No charge
- Luggage storage in discrete space. No charge
- PC devices, Printer, Fax, Scanner, Photocopying. Extra dharge
- Business center. Extra charge
- Laptop or Tablet for use in reception. No charge
- Table games room. Extra charge
- Amusemnet Activity: Extra harge
- Library and reading room. No charge
- Taxi service: Extra charge
- Review and impressions book
- Daily cleaning common areas
- Daily cleaning
- Change of bed linen every two days
- Traditional room decoration. Simple not luxurious
- TV in the room
- Balcony (29 rooms)
- Mountain - garden and city view.
- Fireplace (11 rooms)
- Private WC/Shower
- Cable connection to the internet
- Partial renovation in 2009
- Satelite television. No charge
- Cable Internet access. No charge
- Baby Cot. No charge
- Choice of pillows. No charge
- Wake Up Service. No charge
- Room Service: Free of charge
- Daily room cleaning
- Linen change every second day
- Changing towels before second day, on request
Languages spoken: English, French, German
- Lunch (on request)
(Traditional Greek and Cretan cuisine)
- Dinners for vegetarians (on request)
- At the restaurant, we organize traditional Cretan evenings, while social events (such as wedding parties) take place at the weekends.
During the summer season, the restaurant serves dinner outdoors, at the big square of the village, while in the winter, meals are served in the main building.
- Greek and Cretan Music
- Swimming pool and pool bar (WiFi connection)
- Orders from outdoor affiliated restaurants with home delivery. On charge
- Duration of breakfast: 07: 30-11: 00
- Early breakfast before 07:30. No charge
- Food packages for HB/FB meals (lunch baskets). No charge
Accepted cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Visa Electron, Diners Club, Discover Global Network etc..